ELITE 4 Tires (45119986) by DUNLOP TIRES®. 150/80B16, Speed Index H – 130 mph, Max Load 908 lbs, Tire Weight 20 lbs. Season: All Season. Type: Touring Tires. Miles, miles and more miles: The Elite 4 with MT Multi-Tread technology in the rear provides significantly more mileage than single compound tires. It’s also available in sizes to fit hundreds of different models, from new Gold Wings to bikes dating back to the early 1980s.
- The actual Tread Pattern for your specific tire may vary slightly from the displayed images based on the size and/or width of the actual tire ordered
- Utilize Dunlop’s MT Multi-Tread technology with a long-wearing compound in the center of the tire and a lateral-grip compound on each shoulder, providing increased mileage without sacrificing handling
- New tread pattern helps provide class-leading wet-pavement performance, even wear over the life of the tire, and less road noise
- Available in radial and bias-ply construction
- Fits hundreds of touring, cruiser and standard bikes, including current and non-current machines
- High-mileage, even-wear characteristics, and great grip
HIGHWAY AUTO AND LIGHT TRUCK REPLACEMENT AND ADJUSTMENT POLICY
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You are eligible for the benefits of this Limited Warranty if you meet all the following criteria:
- You are the owner or authorized agent of the owner of new Dunlop highway auto or light truck tires.
- Your tires bear Department of Transportation prescribed tire identification numbers.
- Your tires have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer’s or Dunlop’s recommendations.
- Your tires were purchased on or after November 1, 2012
Light truck tires are defined as all tires identified with the “LT” designation in the sidewall stamping plus the 8-19.5 and 8R19.5 sizes, which do not carry the “LT” designation.
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG?
FREE TIRE REPLACEMENT
Any Dunlop Auto or Light Truck tire that is removed from service due to a covered warranty condition during the first 2/32″ of tread wear or 12 months from date of purchase, whichever occurs first, will be replaced with a comparable new Dunlop tire at no charge. Mounting and balancing are included. (Without proof of purchase, the date of manufacture will be used to determine eligibility.)
Temporary Spare Tires: Any Dunlop temporary spare tire removed from service due to a covered warranty condition during the first 50% of usable tread wear will be replaced with a comparable new Dunlop temporary spare tire at no charge, including mounting.
In addition to the provisions of the limited warranty for covered warranty conditions, any new Dunlop replacement tire listed below is warranted against treadwear wear-out based on the following table for up to six (6) years or the mileage indicated, whichever occurs first:
- Signature HP™ – 45,000 miles
- SP Sport® Signature™ H-Rated – 60,000 miles
- SP Sport Signature V-Rated – 60,000 miles
- Signature II™ – 65,000 miles
- Signature CS™ – 60,000 miles
- Grandtrek® AT20™ – 60,000 miles
- Rover H/T™ P-Metric Sizes – 60,000 miles
- Rover H/T LT Sizes – 45,000 miles
Tires not eligible for free replacement that are removed from service due to a covered warranty condition will be replaced with a comparable new Dunlop tire on a prorated basis for up to six (6) years from the date of original new tire purchase or when the treadwear indicators become visible (worn to 2/32″), whichever occurs first. (Without proof of purchase the date of manufacture will be used to determine eligibility.)
WHAT IS A COMPARABLE TIRE?
A “comparable” new Dunlop tire will be the same brand tire and may be either the same line of tire or, in the event that the tire is not available, the same brand tire with the same basic construction and similar performance attributes with a different sidewall or tread configuration. If a higher priced tire is accepted as replacement, the difference in price will be at an additional charge to you. Any replacement tire provided pursuant to this warranty will be covered by the warranty in effect at the time of replacement. Any replacement tire offered pursuant to this warranty will be covered by the Dunlop warranty in effect at the time of replacement.
A tire has delivered its full original treadlife and the coverage of this warranty ends when the tread wear indicators become visible (worn to 2/32″) or six (6) years from the date of original tire manufacture or new tire purchase date (whichever comes first). (Without proof of purchase, the date of manufacture will be used to determine eligibility.)
This limited warranty is applicable only in the United States and Canada.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
This limited warranty does not cover the following:
- Tires submitted for ride disturbance that are worn beyond the first 2/32″ tread depth or beyond six (6) months from the date of purchase, whichever occurs first, or tires submitted for ride disturbance due to damaged wheels or any vehicle condition. Proof of purchase is required (see E. under Owner’s Obligations).
- Dunlop does not warrant or give credit in any adjustment transaction for any kind of material added to a tire (e.g., tire fillers, sealants, balancing substances) after the tire leaves a factory producing Dunlop tires, nor will it adjust any tire that has failed as a result of adding such material.
- Irregular wear or damage due to mechanical condition of the vehicle, improper inflation, overloading, high-speed spin-up, misapplication, misuse, negligence, racing, use of tire chains, improper mounting or demounting, improper repair, wreck, collision or fire.
- Road hazards (includes, but not limited to, punctures, cuts, snags, impact breaks, etc.).
- Any tire that, after leaving a factory producing Dunlop tires, has been intentionally altered to change its appearance (e.g., white inlay on a black tire or re-grooved).
- Tires removed from service due to improper repairs.
- Tires with weather-cracking that were purchased more than four (4) years prior to presentation for adjustment or, if purchase date cannot be verified, manufactured more than four years prior to presentation for adjustment.
- Loss of time, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use, incidental or consequential damages.
- Cosmetic weather checking.
- Low tire pressure-monitoring system – refer to vehicle manufacturer’s warranty.
WHAT ARE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS?
No Representative or Dealer has authority to make any representation, promise or agreement on behalf of Dunlop, except as stated herein. Any tire, no matter how well constructed, may fail in service or otherwise become unserviceable due to conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer. Under no circumstances is this warranty a representation that a tire failure cannot occur. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province. DISCLAIMER: THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF, AND DUNLOP HEREBY DISCLAIMS, ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NO OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND IS MADE BY DUNLOP OR SHALL BE IMPLIED BY LAW. LIMITATION OF DAMAGES: IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL DUNLOP BE LIABLE TO THE BUYER FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGE, COST (INCLUDING FOR REPLACEMENT TRANSPORTATION), EXPENSE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN AN ADJUSTMENT?
- You must present the tire to be adjusted to an authorized Dunlop service facility. Tires replaced on an adjustment basis become the property of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company or Goodyear Canada, Inc.
- You must pay for taxes plus any additional service that may be unique to your application, e.g., Tire Pressure Monitoring System and any additional services you order at the time of adjustment.
- You must submit your claim on a Dunlop claim form supplied by an authorized Dunlop service facility. The form must be filled out completely, where you, the owner, or your authorized agent when presenting the tire for adjustment.
- You must rotate your tires in accordance with the prescribed rotation patterns as recommended by either the vehicle manufacturer or Dunlop.
- When making a claim under the Treadlife Limited Warranty, you must present your original tire purchase invoice showing the tire description, mileage, and the date the tire(s) were installed.
- You must present the tire to be adjusted to a Dunlop Retailer. Tires replaced as an adjustment become the property of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company or Goodyear Canada, Inc.
- You must pay any other applicable taxes and government-mandated charges for any additional service you order at the time of adjustment relating to any unique applications requiring mounting, demounting or balancing.
- When making a claim for ride disturbance, you must present your original tire purchase invoice that shows the tire description and the date the tire(s) were purchased.
- No claim will be recognized unless submitted on a Dunlop claim form (supplied by a Dunlop Retailer) completely filled out and where you, the owner, or your authorized agent when presenting the tire for adjustment.