Our metal handguards give your bike a club style look and offer protection from the elements. Clean, no frill design produced in all aluminum construction. By adjusting how you tighten the brackets you can align how you like. These are constructed to mount under your mirrors. All necessary hardware included. Proudly made in Huntington Beach, California, USA!
Hardware comes in all 316 Stainless bolts with 18-8 A2 Stainless nuts by default. In the case that you want to further black out and/or strengthen your hardware you may select other options. All hardware options are non-corrosive and will not rust.
- A2 Stainless Steel, 18-8 – These are included with the price of the handguards and are in a simple unpolished Stainless Steel.
- 7075T6 Aluminum, Anodized Black – These are high quality anodized aluminum bolts and nuts for the 4 front-facing bolts. This will black out the handguards, however note that the one bolt at the pivot on the arm will remain 316 Stainless to maintain strength and allow for stronger torque. These 7075T6 bolts/nuts have a max torque of 5nm or ~38 ft lbs which is plenty adequate for their use. DO NOT overtighten or you risk breaking/stripping them.
- A2 Stainless Steel, 18-8, Black Oxide Coating – These are good quality stainless steel fasteners provide with all black oxide coating. Black oxide coating works well to black out and further protect the bolts, however over a long period of time the black could fade slightly.
- A316 Stainless Steel, DLC Black – These are very high quality stainless steel fasteners and have a further strengthened with a “Diamond-Like Coating” that darkens/tints them black. Very strong and will not fade, but certainly more costly.
- Using provided bolts and nylock nuts firmly attach an angled L bracket to each handguard.
- The protruding tab on on each angled L bracket should be oriented upwards when the handguards are mounted, determine the correct orientation so you know which side of the bike each handguard attaches to.
- Using the short arm loosely attach it to the top side of the right handguard L bracket hole (smaller hole) using the provided bolt and nylock nut. Ensure the bend of the arm is oriented so that when mounted it will bend towards the ground and center the handguard onto the handlebars.
- The long arm should be attached to the left side handguard L bracket in the same orientation as was performed with the right arm.
- Remove each mirror (the right side mirror is REVERSE THREADED, turn right to loosen) and place the large arm hole on the threads of the mirror stem then loosely screw your mirror back onto the bike to secure the handguard to the handlebars.
- Adjust all positioning and once happy with the angles tighten up all bolts, nuts, and the mirror stems.