The Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer is what much of the market calls a “cruise control” for a motorcycle, it holds the throttle at a set point to keep fuel input steady and allows you to remove your hand from the throttle grip.
Difference between a “throttle stabilizer” and a “cruise control”? – A cruise control actually adjusts the fuel input when going up or down hills to maintain a set speed, whereas a throttle stabilizer just keeps the throttle at a set point and fuel input is stable while speed could vary depending on hills and other factors. For motorcycles that didn’t come from the factory with a true cruise control a throttle stabilizer is your best option for long trips.
Not all throttle stabilizers are the same, many slip or slowly come loose while riding, others require you keep a hand on them, some are bulky and ugly, and some are a pain to adjust or difficult/dangerous to quickly release.
The Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer has been tested by us for thousands of miles after usage of many other types of throttle stabilizers. We love and use this stabilizer at MDU! We are confident in saying this is one of the best, if not the best throttle stabilizer on the market.
To install just remove the right hand bar weight replace it with Kaoko’s bar weight and firmly tighten the central retaining screw.
- Very solid construction
- Excellent unobscured aesthetic only at the edge of the handlebars
- Easy to roll the stabilizer on or off to tighten and loosen the throttle position
- Quickly release throttle by rolling forward even without undoing the throttle stabilizer
- Greatly reduces rider fatigue and strain on hand and wrist
- While cruising rider is able to remove hand from throttle grip throttle opening will remain as set
- Very simple to operate even with heavy winter gloves
- High quality compact and durable design super smooth action
- Takes less than 5 minutes to fit
- Very little maintenance is required
- Less wear and tear on throttle cables and linkages
- Can result in reduced fuel consumption
Kaoko Safety Warning: The Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer is an aftermarket accessory. Any misunderstood, abused, or incorrectly installed motorcycle accessory is a safety hazard that could cause injury or death. It’s the rider’s responsibility to understand the operation and purpose for which the Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer is designed, namely for cruising only when safe to do so. At all other times the stabilizer should be disengaged. The Kaoko Throttle Stabilizers are to be used only by experienced and responsible riders.
U.S. Pat. No. US D593 462 S
U.S. Pat. No. US D593 463 S
U.S. Pat. No. US D593 464 S
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.