LIMITED MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
Shinko Tire warrants that every new radial or bias-ply On-Road and Off-Road Motorcycle tire will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. This limited manufacture warranty applies only to the original purchaser and/or the original vehicle on which the tires were mounted. It is not assignable to subsequent purchasers. Original purchase receipts must accompany all warranty claims.
This warranty is limited to FOUR (4) years from the original date of purchase. If no purchase receipt is available, original manufacturer date code on tire will be used to establish a start date of the warranty, not to exceed 4 years.
50% FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
Any Shinko Tire replaced during the first 50% of treadwear, will be replaced at no charge. Usable tread does not include the last 1/32nds of tread depth. If at least 50% of usable tread remains, the 50% FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY will be honored so long as failure is due to a defect in materials and/or workmanship. Ride or balance objections after the first 1/32” of treadwear or 30 days from date of purchase or install will not be covered.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- Damage caused from Road or Trail Hazards (i.e., punctures, snags, cuts, impact breaks, running while flat, etc.)
- Tires submitted for warranty regarding rideability concerns after the first 100 miles, or more than one (1) month from date of purchase or install, or after the first 1/32 of tread wear
- Misuse of tire application: Radial type tires on motorcycles requiring Bias Ply tires and vice versa
- Tires operated at air pressures lower than what is indicated by the vehicle’s owner’s manual or higher than what is listed on the sidewall of the tire
- Tires damaged from overloading the motorcycle
- Tires used on motorcycle fitted with a trailer, sidecar, or trike configuration
- Tire claims submitted by those other than the original purchaser
- Damage caused by poor mechanical condition of motorcycle
- Tires used for any period of time on a dynamometer
- Tires installed with balance or anti-flat aids either as dry or wet agents
- Front or rear type tires used in positions other than designed
- Tube Type tires used without tubes
- Tubeless Type tires used with wheels requiring tubes
- Claims of ozone, weather cracking or tire treated with incompatible cleaning agents submitted more than FOUR (4) years after original date of purchase. If no purchase receipt is available, manufacture date on tire will be used to establish age of tire
- Tires used for incorrect applications, i.e. on-road highway type tires use for off-road riding or off-road type tires used for on-highway applications
- Tires with less than 1/32 of an inch or worn to the Tread Wear Indicator (TWI)
- Tires used for racing or other types of competition events
- Tire failure due to excessive speed (exceeding speed rating of tire)
- Underperformed mileage expectations
- Explosion of tire or other installation damage due to improper mounting
- Damage caused from spinning tire or “burning out” on any surface including slippery surfaces such as snow, mud, ice, etc.
- General neglect, lack of proper maintenance
- Tires used with second hand tubes with damaged or improper
- Tires mounted with improper supporting structure, liquid or other materials
- Tires improperly repaired, with section repairs, or whose sidewalls have been modified by the addition or removal of material. Tires that have been retreaded, regrooved, altered in the tread or any other area. The serviceability of any repaired/retreaded/altered tire is entirely the responsibility of the person making the repair or modification
The owner/rider is responsible for proper maintenance and tire care. The recommended tire pressure can be maintained by frequently checking the tire pressure with an accurate pressure gauge. Additionally, the owner/rider is obligated to ensure load is in accordance with the motorcycle owner’s manual as well as the restrictions on the sidewall of the tires. Owner/rider is responsible for lawful and prudent motorcycle operation. Frequent inspection for damage or irregular wear is recommended. Upon fitment and installation, it is up to the owner/rider to ensure the fitting is in accordance with the technical specifications of the motorcycle, the motorcycle manufacturer, and any pertinent homologations.
Best tire care practices
- Check tire pressure before riding when tires are cold and before long trips
- Do not underinflate/overinflate
- Do not overload
- Ride at moderate speeds and observe legal limits
- Avoid driving over potholes, obstacles, curbs, or edges of pavement
- Avoid excessive wheel spinning
- Store in a cool, clean, dry, indoor environment, away from deteriorating substances
- Place away from heat sources and ozone like hot pipes or electric generators, HVAC units, etc.
- If storing longer than 1 month, relieve the tires of weight by raising the bike or removing the tires
- If you see any damage to a tire, replace the tire and contact your Shinko retailer